temporary temporal


i have come to the temporary conclusion that everything i wrote before i was twenty-rightnow was shit! I find myself cringing at the naiveness, at the recklessness with which i would use clichés. The overabundance of metaphor. I must have thought i was in some contest to test just how many of the fucking things i could come up with to describe the same thing.

There is something to be said for saying 'you're fucking beautiful' instead of 'your eyes like emeralds glisten and i sat gasping for.... fuck! i think i just threw up in my mouth a little bit.

now i don't mean to be cruel to my younger self, he tried, he didn't know any better, i hope he never reads this and has his feelings hurt or worse gives up entirely.

no, no, that would be sad. Instead i hope i read this, in 9 years, when i've come to the temporary conclusion that everything i'd written before i was thirty-righthen was shit! i hope i read this, laugh, and go easy on my twenty-six year old self, and i hope i never ever read what i write about me then.

1 Comment:

  1. other said...
    WOW YAY

Post a Comment




 

Copyright 2006| Blogger Templates by GeckoandFly modified and converted to Blogger Beta by Blogcrowds.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.